CINEMA CURATOR POSITIONS
The Frank Banko Alehouse Cinemas at the ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks is looking to expand its roster of curators for our free film series targeted at underrepresented communities that will enable us to strengthen and enhance the content that we offer to our community. These curators would act as independent contractors and would be compensated accordingly per film booking.
Series seeking curators include:
- Black Film: Then & Now – A continuing series of free events centered on displaying the evolution of how Black people have been depicted throughout the history of cinema, while also seeking to boost the voices of Black Lehigh Valley-based artists of all disciplines.
We welcome curators from diverse professional backgrounds and expertise.
To be considered, applications for cinema curator positions must include:
- A cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a great curator for your specific series.
- A current résumé or CV.
- A list of three professional references.
Objectives for curating should include:
- Must work well with series co-curators.
- To co-host and introduce the films selected and participate in Q&As with any associated talent.
- Introduce patrons to content that they may not have access to elsewhere.
- Develop relationships with associated talent and those with ties to certain films.
- Foster relationships with local businesses and creatives who may be interested in partnering on a specific screening.
Talent and experience we look for includes but is not limited to:
- Previous experience in curating film screenings at other theaters or organizations.
- Degree in Film History, Theory, Filmmaking, or relevant Film experience.
- Highly organized, detail and goal-oriented, high energy, passionate.
- Flexible availability as screening dates may vary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively and courteously with other curators, staff, volunteers, and the public.
Thank Q for your interest in ArtsQuest!