Here at ArtsQuest, we're looking for creative, energetic, and driven interns who are passionate about the arts, music and education. If you want to be involved in the day-to-day inner workings of a dynamic and entrepreneurial non-profit arts and entertainment organization, work hard and have fun while earning college credit in the process, we want YOU!
Below you'll find everything you need to know about our application and selection process, timelines for the program, as well as a snapshot of some of our internship opportunities.
ArtsQuest Internship Fun Facts:
20% of our current ArtsQuest staff members started as interns. True story.
Aside from starting careers here at ArtsQuest, some of our brightest interns have gone on to further their careers by joining fortune 500 companies, touring with A-list bands, and even starting their own successful companies.
Because of our extensive programming, our interns get to participate in some of the biggest events and concerts that come to the Lehigh Valley.
Want To Know More?
- All interns must be currently enrolled in an academic program, either undergraduate or graduate during the semester in which he/she participates.
- All interns must be eligible for earning college credit during the semester in which he/she participates in order to qualify for consideration.
- Get a real-life project-based experience that you can take ownership of and be able to talk about with prospective employers.
- Touch the lives of more than 1.2 million people annually through hundreds of live performances, special events and gallery exhibitions.
- Have an economic impact of more than $30 million annually for the Lehigh Valley.
- Strive to meet the cultural needs of our very diverse community.
- Receive special access and free tickets to all of ArtsQuest's programming!
Download our Internship Facts Sheet as a .pdf
Internships available at ArtsQuest include programs for the following majors:
- Arts Administration
- Art History
- Arts Education
- Cinema Arts
- Early Childhood Education
- Fine Arts
- Graphic Design
- Human Resources
- Music Management
- Music Law
- Non-Profit Business Management
- Performing Arts Management
All of our internship programs cater to a myriad of popular majors. Below is a general breakdown of each internship program that ArtsQuest has to offer you. Click the Program title below to learn more.
Marketing / Development
Application Instructions & Internship Timeline
Applicants are required to send the following information for consideration to Chris Stubbe, Volunteer and Internship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 610-332-1354:
- Current Resume
- Cover letter stating the following:
- Reason for applying for the internship with ArtsQuest
- Which department or area you are interested in
- The necessary requirements for receiving college credit through your educational institution (# of required hours, paperwork completion process, your advisor's name, phone # and e-mail address)
- How you expect to benefit from the program
- 1-3 Letters of Recommendation from a Student Advisor, Professor or former or current Supervisor regarding your work habits, skills or abilities that might apply to your particular internship (these letters can be emailed separate from the cover letter and resume to Chris Stubbe).
- Some departments require writing samples for their internship application (see each internship description for details)
- All applicants must be currently enrolled in a credit or degree program, either part-time or full-time, undergraduate or graduate, during the semester for which you are applying for an internship.
- Must be eligible for receiving college credit through your educational institution.
Summer Internships (Application Deadline May 1):
- Summer Internship period runs June (1st week) through August (the duration of Musikfest). Students applying for Summer Internships must be available during this timeframe.
Fall Internships (Application Deadline August 15th):
- Fall Internship period runs from September (2nd week) through December (2nd week). Students applying for Fall Internships must be available during this timeframe.
Spring Internships (Application Deadline December 15th):
- Spring Internships run from the 3rd week of January through the 3rd week in April. Students applying for Spring Internships must be available during this timeframe.
All internships include the following whenever possible:
- Initial resume review
- A pre-screen interview, followed up with in-person interview.
- Intern orientation/meet and greet.
- End of term review and appreciation event.